Monday, November 24, 2008

I'll take one of these please.

This little bundle of pure sweetness was absolutely wonderful to photograph. He was about a week old here and that two week mark makes a difference. After two weeks, they usually don't let me move them around too much without putting up a good fight! He would just whimper a little (which melted my heart) but slept like an angel. Don't get me wrong, newborn photography is not as easy as it seems. Getting them to sleep doesn't necessarily make it easier, this took a good 2 hours to get! But there's only a very short time frame to be able to capture those curled up newborn poses before they grow up so fast... and boy do they grow up so fast...

I love waiting to catch their little facial expressions. I love how he scrunched his brows together here!

These hats are very popular right now in newborn photography and I was too excited when his Nona brought out this specially handmade hat and booties to match! I'll be ordering a few of these from the talented person who made them!
A lot of people have asked me lately how I get them to "smile." I don't of course... I just wait for facial movements and while it was probably a gas pain, it looks like he was having sweet dreams here!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll take one, too, please! ;) Adorable. I love the one with his feet crossed. So laid back!

Anonymous said...

Awwww! What a cute little guy! I especially love the ones in the basket!!