Monday, September 8, 2008

Updates and a Model Search!

Hello! Thank you so much for the well wishes from several emails regarding my daughter's surgery last Friday. She did very well and is recooperating nicely. I told you she's my hero!

Only three more days to vote in the Best of Summer Contest! It's still way too close to predict who will win and I suspect that it will stay that way until the very end. Thank you so much for voting. This contest has been a lot of fun!

I received an email recently that got me thinking. It said something along the lines of: Your work is beautiful but think about broadening your horizons to include children of all ethinic backgrounds. So of course I am always open to any child and family, I just don't seem to attract a diverse background of people. Don't get me wrong, I adore the people I've gotten to photograph and I would LOVE to photograph all of their friends and families too because that's how awesome they all are!

So here's my solution to diversifying my portfolio, I hope, because Sandy Wagerman can photograph anyone with two feet, or even one!

From now until the end of November, I am seaching for two models for free photo sessions. Here are the parameters:

  • Session fee is waived and includes a free 8x10. Additonal photographs can be purchased separately.
  • I am looking for people of African-American decent, Hispanic decent, Indian decent or Asian decent.
  • One session must include a baby age 0-1 and the other can be of any age or family.
  • Everything else is the same as a usual session (i.e., up to 2 hours, on-location or in-studio, etc...)

Know anyone who is deserving of some free photographs who fits the bill? Send 'em my way!

No comments: